Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You can't miss: terrible, horrible, no good, very bad logos and website designs

It's cold and rainy, and I have about five assignments due tomorrow that I'm working on simultaneously.

I'm feeling agitated to say the least. So rather than share some inspiring design work, I've decided to succumb to the pessimistic, sarcastic (and sometimes rude) half of my personality. This part of me likes to poke fun and judge things that I basically just don't like.

The Logo Design Blog has a hilarious post that showcases The Worst Bad, Ugly & Horrible Logo Designs. Although the writing isn't spectacular, it's definitely something worth looking at for those who don't know much about designing logos. At the bare minimum, avoid making stuff like this.

Interestingly enough, the Missouri Department of Conservation's logo is on the list. I've always thought that thing was ugly, even as a kid admiring wildlife at the state fair each summer.

Since we'll be making mock-ups for our design portfolio websites, I thought I'd try and find some of the ugliest websites out there. Design O'Blog features an article that showcases some of the UGLIEST websites I've ever seen. Takeaway message: try to avoid Sarah Palin and trippy neon colors when designing websites.


Side note, the blog I've been following hasn't been updated since February 13, so I didn't feel the need to feature anything from them this week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the bad stuff. Every now and then I enjoy looking at some design faux pas. So sad that Missouri made the list. Especially with a logo that is so well-known. I wonder if they know they're on it.

    ReplyDelete