Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Critique: graduation announcements

                      front
As our final days at MU come to a close, my amazing procrastination skills are paying off yet again. Graduation is in a little more than two weeks, and I have yet to send out my graduation announcements.

This simple fact of reality is more than fitting given my collegiate career as a journalist.

Anyway, I decided to make my own graduation announcements, partially because I hate imprinted cardstock and partially because thought it would be cheaper.
Anyway, here's what I came up with. Luckily, I was my own target audience so I got to do whatever I wanted without having to worry about anybody else's opinion, haaa.
                     back

The prominent words on the front are from one of MU's school songs. I chose to use them because they're so celebratory and fun. The quote at the bottom is engraved in MU's infamous J-school arch, so I found it to be very appropriate. And of course I included the columns.

While I wanted my invitation to have a more modern, graphic feel, I still wanted to use the traditional format of a graduation announcement. So, this is what I decided to do for the back.

HOORAY. HURRAH. MIZZOU. MIZZOU.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your announcements. They are fun and well designed. Good job recreating the columns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The typography is neat and I really like your illustrations. I thought about making my own announcements too. Now I wish I would have!

    ReplyDelete