Wednesday, April 27, 2011

You can't miss: awesome people who design invitations

Since this week's critique featured the graduation announcements I designed for myself, I thought I'd explore to find some inspirational invitations. I thought I'd share my top three designers with you. ***Disclaimer: I'm sharing sites of my own free will to recognize the outstanding design content they offer.***

Gourmet Invitations by Tifany Wunschl
Feathers are very in right now for brides planning weddings, and the use of them in this invitation by Tifany Wunshcl is absolutely gorgeous. I'm usually not fond of the pink and black color theme for weddings, but this invitation has me considering it for my wedding in 50 years. Most of the invitations I found on this site exude a chic vintage feel.

Elizabeth Anne Designs
It was really hard for me to choose just one invitation to showcase from this site because they're all so beautiful. Although  I wouldn't necessarily want to use this as my wedding invitation, I knew I had to recognize its unique and charming nature. Each invitation on Elizabeth Anne Designs is quirky, which probably means that the designers take great care in capturing the couples' individual identities in each invitation. Overall, this site fits with my personal design style the most.

Wedding Paper Divas
You might be able to tell that I have a thing for mustardy, neon yellows and greens, especially when they're paired with black. Maybe that's the direction I'll head in some day. Anyway, Wedding Paper Divas is more of a commercial wedding invitation website. The invitations are basically templates that couples can choose to use for their occasion. So, though the invitations might not be unique to just one couple's special day, that couple would still get a really awesome invitation for a relatively low cost.

After this short excursion into the realm of wedding invitations, I realize I could probably spend (or waste) a great deal of time exploring the medium. Maybe one day I will actually need to ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment