Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Critique: found typography assignment

For this assignment I wanted to focus on the bold neon typography of big name companies because I'm so intrigued by their use of of color. I chose the word "mammoth" so that the word itself and the type would refer to each other. While taking the pictures I tried to do so from the same angle for each sign to get a consistent 3-D perspective.

While designing the piece I cut out each letter individually. To get across the neony feel of the signs, I added a drop shadow and a glow to every letter so that the letters would pop off the page more.

Anyway, that's about it. I was really surprised with how well it turned out. Can you guess where each of the letters came from? Some are pretty obvious.

From left to right: Wal-Mart, Subway, MCSports, McDonalds, Target, Dollar Tree, Chuck E. Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment