Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Response: portfolio production

Based on our discussion about how to put together a mini portfolio, I'm considering the following approaches:
  • 6"x6"
  • a clean cover with some sort of logo to brand myself
  • black backgrounds behind my samples to set off the whiteness of the images
  • one design sample image per page
  • blurb-type captions on each adjacent page
  • content will be organized by topic (e.g. VOX covers, VOX features, Nosh, and other projects)
  • tabs that differentiate different topic sections
I'm still tossing around the idea including some samples of my photography, though I might just create a separate book for it.

online portfolio
This is a screenshot of the online portfolio that I made last summer as a part of my news design class. Don't judge, I made it completely from scratch.

I'm obviously hoping for the final product of this class to look a little more professional, though I'm not sure how exactly I plan to achieve that since I haven't coded since the summer and thus have not enhanced my online design skills whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment